Black pepper comes from the pepper plant, a smooth woody vine that can grow up to 33 feet in hot and humid tropical climates. They begin to bear small white clustered flowers after 3 to 4 years and develop into berries known as peppercorns. Ground peppercorns produce the spice we call pepper. The garbled variety is black in colour nearly globular with a wrinkled surface.
A pinch of black pepper is added to almost every type of recipe imaginable. Once used as currency and presented to the gods as a sacred offering, it is fortunate that this most popular of spices is available throughout the year.
1. Free from animal excreta;
2. Free from foreign matter of other than of pepper origin (i.e. stone, metal pieces, etc);
3. Contain no short or long stems/stalks;
4. Will not be mouldy; and
5. Not be infested with pests
1.The piperine in black pepper enhances the bioavailability of various nutrients such as vitamins A and C, selenium, beta-carotene, and others, thereby improving your overall health.
2.Black pepper stimulates the taste buds and increases the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which in turn aids proper digestion. Interestingly, most digestive problems are caused by a lack of hydrochloric acid rather than excess amounts of it.
3. The outer layer of peppercorns contains phytonutrients that encourage the breakdown of fat cells.
4. Black pepper has natural antibiotic characteristics owing to its vitamin C content. It curbs harmful free radical reactions.
5. Black pepper helps in treating diseases caused due to bacteria. The influence of black pepper has been observed while treating conditions like constipation, diarrhea and colic
6. The antibacterial properties of black pepper are used for treating respiratory disorders.
7. The free radical scavenging activity of black pepper helps in the treatment of cancer. It slows down the activity of some types of cancer. Black pepper finds its application in skin cancer as well.
8 . It generates free radical killing action that curbs the cancerous activities in the body.
9. It burns the unwanted calories and helps in reducing belly fat. Black pepper is very effective against obesity.
10. The oil has a warming effect, which helps improve circulation and provide relief from arthritic and rheumatic pains.
11. Black pepper essential oil contains potassium, which helps keep your blood pressure in check and ensures that it does not get to an unhealthy or dangerously high level.
12. The high amount of antioxidants present in black pepper helps your skin by protecting it against the symptoms of premature aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots.
|Product Type||Black Pepper garbled|
|Product Colour||Black or brownish black|
|Taste||Hot, biting and pungent|
|Total Fat||3.26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||26.5 g|
|Folic acid||10 mcg|
|Vitamin A||299 IU|
|Vitamin C||21 mg|
|Vitamin E-γ||4.56 mg|
|Vitamin K||163.7 mcg|
Black Pepper (garbled) - 500 Grams
- Brand: Direct from farm
- Product Code: Black Pepper (garbled) - 500 Grams
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: Rs. 220
Tags: Nilgiri pepper, Black Pepper, garbled black pepper, online garbled black pepper, black pepper garbled, black, pepper, garbled, online pepper, garbled pepper, garbled nilgiri pepper, online black pepper sales, fresh black pepper, premimum quality fresh black pepper, direct from farm, organic black pepper