Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavouring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savoury dishes, breakfast cereals, snackfoods, tea and traditional foods.
Cinnamon is known as "Dalchini / daalacheenee" in Hindi, "Dalacini" in marathi, "Darucini" in bengali, "Dalcina Cekka" in telugu and "Karuvappatta" in malayalam.
Nilgiri Spices sells hand picked, pealed and sun dried farm fresh aromatic cinnamon from tropical South India. Ground cinnamon, a Dark reddish brown and strong spicy taste, enhances many foods with its rich flavour is used in small quantities in Indian garam masala. . In traditional European cuisine, nutmeg used especially in potato dishes and in processed meat products; they are also used in wine, tea, and baked goods. Cinnamon is a good source of minerals rich with copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc and magnesium this helps in anti-fungal, anti-depressant, digestive and carminative functions. The Spice is also rich in vital B-complex vitamins, including Vitamin C, Folic acids, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin A and have anti-oxidant, disease preventing and health promoting properties.
Uses of Cinnamon (Dalchini) In food
1. Cinnamon Rice - Simple adding a Ceylon Cinnamon when you cook rice gives it wonderful aroma and enhances the taste with only a hint of Cinnamon.
2. Wine Poaching - Prepare and add flavour to wine poaching liquids for fruits (pears or apples) with cinnamon sticks.
3. Cinnamon Orange Water - Boil a cinnamon stick with 3 cups of water, add a slice of orange.
4. Anti Fungal Treatment - Boil a few Ceylon Cinnamon sticks and soak your feet in it to get rid of this pesky Fungal infection.
5. Flavour sugar - Add flavour to sugar by placing cinnamon sticks in it.
Follow cinnamon zone for more tips and recipes
Cinnamon for Pets:
For Pets cinnamon helps to Improves food palatability, Warms their bones during winter, Bone and cartilage development and many more, for more details read Cinnamon for Pets
Visit Cinnamon Zone for all details Health Benefits of Cinnamon / Dalchini.
|Total Fat||1.24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||53.1 g|
|Vitamin A||295 IU|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|
|Vitamin E-γ||10.44 mg|
|Vitamin K||31.2 µg|
Cinnamon, Dalchini, Dalchina chekka, Cinnamon Bark (50 Grams)
- ₹47 Save ₹7
- Net Weight : 50 Grams