Cardamom is a aromatic spice with a very wide range of uses. The plant has underground stems with leafy roots, large white or pale green leaves, pale green fruits and black seeds. The spice has a very warm aroma and pungent taste which it can retain for a very long time. Apart from using the entire pod as a flavoring, its black seeds powdered and the outer covering are also used.
The outer covering can lend a unique flavor to tea if added along with tea leaves, and coffee as well. It is also one of the essential spices added to the garam masala mix and curry powder. Betel leaf preparations contain green cardamom.
Various dishes like pulao, curries, biryanis, kebabs and other hot dishes are infused with its aroma. Sweet dishes like kheer, phirni, flans, porridge, halwa also taste better with its distinctive flavor.
It is an ingredient in curry powder and spice masala mixtures and is also used in Ayurvedic and Unani medicines. It has applications in flavouring cola, biscuits, liquors.
1. Cardamom is related to ginger and can be used in much the same way to counteract digestive problems.
2. This spice helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
3. Chewing cardamom after meals or whenever need to freshen breath.
4. It helps clean out the urinary tract, bladder, and kidneys, removing waste, salt, excess water, toxins, and combating infections too.
5. Cardamom is used for mouth ulcers and infections of the mouth and throat.
6. This pungent spice may help prevent and relieve cold and flu symptoms. It’s also used for bronchitis and coughs.
7. Animal studies are showing promise that cardamom protects against, inhibits growth, and even kills some cancers.
8. As a diuretic and fiber rich spice, cardamom significantly lowers blood pressure.
9. Cardamom prevents dangerous blood clots by preventing platelet aggregation and the sticking to the artery walls.
10. Many of the vitamins, phytonutrients, and essential oils in cardamom act as antioxidants, cleaning up free radicals and resisting cellular aging.
11. The volatile essential oils in cardamom inhibit the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungus, and mold.
|Product Colour||Deep Green, Fast Green|
|Moisture||12.0 % Max|
|Ash Content||10.0 % Max|
|Acid Insoluble Ash||2.0 % Max|
|Salmonella (in 25gms)||Absent|
Cardamom, Elaichi, Velachi, Yalakulu, Green Cardamom (250 Grams 50x5)
- Net Weight : 250 Grams
Out of Stock
Tags: Nilgiri Cardamom, Cardamom, online Cardamom, online Cardamom, Cardamom nilgiri, online Cardamom sales, fresh Cardamom, premimum quality fresh Cardamom, direct from farm, organic Cardamom, cardomom